Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My Master's Degree


The past 3 years of my life have been the most difficult of my life.  But this chapter of student-hood has finally come to an end.  I now have my Masters in Mental Health Counseling!  I have earned letters after my name, MACP.  Three years ago, I had just gotten divorced after finding out the unimaginable about my then husband.  I had to start my life over as a single mom in a complicated world.  The first thing I did for me was start grad school.  It was very trying going from a stay-at-home mom to a single mom trying to take classes, mostly at night, and do homework, yet still be there for my daughter.  In the beginning, I saw no end to my time as a student.  But low and behold, after 3 years, I am a graduate!  In fact, I graduated Cum de laude (High Honors) with a 3.88 GPA as of Dec 2012. Not too bad for a single mom! 

I feel this huge burden lifted from my shoulders.  I am finally able to start a new chapter in my life, my career.  I look forward to spending the summer having Mommy Camp with Hannah one last time, as I had to work the summer prior.  I plan to enjoy some much needed rest and time off.  We are making travel plans for a month long road trip.  This is going to be a fabulous summer!!!!  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment