Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Missing Piece


I've been feeling some stress lately.  I've been a little tearful and down.  Yes, there have been some things going on.  But I think most of all, I miss sharing those things with Grandma.  Whenever something happens good or bad, the first person I want to call is Grandma!  Without her, I feel so alone.  I feel like a part of me is missing.  She and Grandpa were my mentors.  I looked up to them and they were role models for me.  They encouraged me as I lost hope in marriage, as I struggled through grad school as a single mom, as I felt the stress of having to let go of my little girl when she went away with her dad.  But now, I don't have that person to call, who always knows what to say, who has time for me and loves me like no other.  I have no one call for spiritual guidance.  As a few stressful events have occurred this last week, I found myself feeling very alone.  Even though I did share my heart with people, none could replace Grandma.  I am at a loss…  

I know she is in a better place.  I know she get's to be with Grandpa again, and I know I will see her again one day in heaven.  But what about now?  What about those times when I really need her?  What shall I do without her to call upon?  There is a missing piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment