Tuesday, June 7, 2011

When I Start to Trust, My World Crumbles


Hannah came home from her weekend with her dad with some concerning news.  She sat down on the sofa and said, “Mommy, I need to tell you something.”  What she told me was shocking.  I won’t go into great detail, but she was violated by her dad’s fiance’s 6 year old daughter.  I spoke with her dad about it first.  His reaction was, “She’s lying.”  So, I called the child psychologist we’d been seeing.  He advised that I call the abuse hotline to see if it’s reportable.  If so, report it and follow the proper steps.  He also said that if I didn’t report it, he would.  I knew I couldn’t trust Jady to solve this on his end, so investigators were necessary.  He had already shown that he was going to defend his finace and daughter at the cost of our daughter. 

After reporting, I called his fiance myself, purposely leaving him out of the loop.  He’s no help anyway.  Frankly, I was concerned for her daughter.  What she did was not typical behavior for a girl her age.  Could someone be hurting her?  Calling the fiance was the hardest thing I’ve had to do.  Here we are on fairly good terms for the moment, but have only met once.  This is not an easy thing to tell someone one you do know well.  I feared the worst!  But I felt I had to tell her that she may be contacted by someone, so she wouldn’t be surprised. 

She was receptive, but shocked.  Later, the authorities were asking me for her address, which I didn’t have.  My X and she refused to give me the address.  So, now, they are showing a lack of cooperation and making this harder for me.  Does he care at all for his daughter?!?!?!  Or is he so blinded by love that she no longer matters? 

I did eventually find out that the authorities were able to contact her via her cell phone number that I gave them.  They already came to take Hannah’s statement and said someone would do the same with her little girl.  I hope they get her help.  In the mean time, when just a week ago, I was feeling so much peace about Hannah being with them, I am now scared to death! 

After a few days, my X called yelling unable to understand why I needed to call the authorities.  Of course, I explained that the counselor said I must, but he wouldn’t listen.  He thought I should have dealt directly with them.  Well, how could I after the way he first responded?  How rediculous!  I would DIE for my daughter!  The last think I would do is trust HIM to handle this!!! 

Why do these things happen to me?  It’s one thing after another.  I’m thankful that it was just a child and fairly mild….but still wrong.  I can only pray that this or something worse does not ever happen again.  I have no control over my daughter’s safety and it makes me SICK!  I know that God had a plan in all this.  I find myself wondering what He’s concocting.  I can only speculate.  But if this behavior continues, I may get full custody of Hannah.  If that’s God’s will, then maybe that’s the purpose.  At the same time, I don’t want Hannah to be hurt.  I pray that this incodent will be forgotten.  She is very aware of how wrong it was.  I’m thankful that she was brave enough to tell me.  Lord help us!

No comments:

Post a Comment