Monday, May 30, 2011

Letting Go

What can I say?  I’m thankful on this Memorial Day weekend.  Hannah went with her dad to Orlando for 3 nights…away from Mommy, and survived.  In fact, she thrived!  The two of them stayed in a hotel, which was the agreement.  But they were there to spend time with the fiance and her daughter.  They went to Blizzard Beach and Universal Studios. 

I’m just so happy that he’s doing something fun with Hannah, even if it is just to be with his “other half”.  Hannah looked forward to this trip for a week!  She had a great time, from what I’ve heard.  She didn’t seem to miss me too much, as she didn’t call often. 

Believe it or not, I’m in a different place.  I am not bitter.  I am not angry.  I’m not lonely.  I’ve had 3 days to myself, which is welcome.  Of course, I miss Hannah, but I need a break, too.  I’ve had her 24/7 for so long.  I’m just thankful that she feels secure enough now to leave me for so long.  In fact, I just found out they’re staying another night, because there’s too much traffic driving home.  That will make it 4 nights away from me!  That’s NEVER happened!  The best part is, Hannah is FINE with it. 

I know that God worked this all out.  God has built up her security, as so many have prayed for her.  She’s another person from just a few months ago!  There is no other explaination.  All I want is for my little girl to be OK from all of this divorce stuff.  God has taught me faith once again through this.  He is still watching out for Hannah.  He does care for her, and will not let evil get her down.  I believe he has angels stationed all around her to protect her from things she hears and sees when she’s away from me.  I may not be there with her all the time, but God is.  He is sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment