Friday, March 12, 2010

The Final Hour

We had our divorce mediation less than a week ago. I was a nervous mess, even though I knew that my Lord would provide. Faith has brought me this far, but this day was going to decide the rest of my life. I know fear is not of God. I was content with what I was left with even if that meant no roof over my head, going back to work, sharing holidays, living in poverty. You see, I haven't worked in about 6 years or so. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, which I can't do much with. I had started Grad school at Barry University 8 yrs ago, but my husband made me quit saying that I wouldn't need it since I'll stay home with our kids. Little did I know that this was just one more way to control me. Before I met him, I planned to go all the way for my Doctorate. I hoped to write a book. I loved the Master's program, and yet I had to give it up.

God has given me a real since of peace about my future. There has been no decision made by me that God did not hand to me. Later I will share my whole story....the story that began last August 2009. The last 6 months have changed my life forever, I believe for the better. I have grown so much closer to God through this trial.

At this point the worst is behind me. The mediation couldn't have gone better! I have a new since of security. I learned that God is even in control of the most powerful people, like my father-in-law. He just worked everything out for me through him. I will be financially supported for the next 5 years and be able to start my Dual Master's Program again at Barry University in the fall. I am so excited about with God has in store for my ministry. He is orchestrating some amazing things in my life. I can only hope that I will measure up. I have given my life over to God. I will never work in a secular job again. I want God to use me to bless others. I have faith that when I am done with my Master's God will place the perfect job in my lap without me even having to apply. They will come to me. I've already had offers!!!

I am excited about my future as I encourage others to seek God in the midst of their trials. He will be a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path to get me through another day. Take it one day at a time, and ask God to make every decision for you! He will not leave you or forsake you! He has walked by my side through this roller coaster I've been on. He is the only husband I will ever need!

No comments:

Post a Comment