Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Very Bad Week!

I admit I’m behind on my blogs, but for good reason. I’ll tell you my story from a couple of weeks ago. In one week’s time everything that could, went wrong. First, I was in a car accident. So, I have a rental for a month, while they fix my van. I also had to spend a lot of time on the phone with Allstate getting the insurance issues settled. Then Hannah was sick all that week and stayed home from school. I was able to go to class, but didn’t get my studying done. Then my AC in the house stopped cooling for 2 days during that same week. I had to call a repair man. Then I had to go to Dr’s appointments to prepare for my surgery the following week, and of course was nervous about the upcoming surgery. Then that weekend, Hannah started acting out behaviorally. She was NOT herself. It was to the point that she made me cry. I also had an oral presentation to prepare for grad school, which is very stressful for me. In addition, I found out that my X deceptively allowed his girlfriend and her daughter to come to Hannah’s birthday party over the weekend (the one he threw for her). The last we had spoken about this, it was agreed that Hannah would NOT see her until Hannah is cleared by a child psychologist. Apparently, he had gone to a counselor, himself, who had Okayed it. And the counselor didn’t see any reason he should tell me this. I was irate!


I’ve realized that no matter what I do or how I feel, he is going to find a way to get his OWN needs met. I’m just going to have to accept that this woman is going to be a part of Hannah’s life whether I like it or not. He is in denial that it is negatively affecting Hannah. The counselor is basically saying that Hannah needs to accept that this is her new reality and live with it, even if it hurts her. I continue to leave my child in the hands of my Lord and trust that He will protect her. But at the same time, this caused extra stress for me during this traumatic week.

I knew that this was just one of those BAD weeks that everyone has. I knew that “this, too, shall pass.” But that didn’t make it any easier to go through. I was beyond stressed! I just had to make it through…but how? I studied while Hannah napped that weekend. I even studied some while she was awake, not being able to do much fun with her that Saturday. She was supposed to go to a drop off birthday party, but refused, unless I would go with her. I would have loved to go, but HAD to study! I just didn’t have a choice at that point.

Sunday, I was so thankful that my good friend took Hannah to church with her, while I skipped church to do my homework for the next day. I did survive this terrible, horrible, no good week!!! I gave my presentation, and I think it wasn’t too bad. Hannah was able to go to school the next week. Her mood improved. I stayed healthy for surgery, which I was concerned about with Hannah being so sick. I AC was not a big deal, easy to fix. Even though, it was difficult to go through, God worked out the solutions. I may have felt like drowning, but He kept my head above water the whole time….even if just barely.

Now, I just had my surgery and all went well. I’m recovering. I’ve done a lot of my studying for this week. My mom came to take care of me for a few days, which was GREAT! Hannah stayed with her dad, for the most part. It’s been nice spending some time with my mom. My life should be getting back on track now after a very tough interlude. I’m glad it’s over! I know that God will never give me more than I can handle. I’m thankful that He’s always teaching me and looking out for me. I’m thankful that last week is OVER! On to better things!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment