Thursday, February 28, 2013

Good Men Are Out There



Good men are indeed on all around us,
We pass them on streets,
In malls and hall at work,
Most we cant see because we dont know,
What a good man really looks like
He usually isnt flashy enough
Might not wear a suit or push a BMW
Not have a body like John Cena with Brad Pitt face
But as you mature, you realize its better
To find someone who's got your back
Than someone who turns your head
- Author Unknown

I read this, and it offers hope.  If anything, I have a bias that a pretty face will probably cheat on you one day.  No, I don't look for a "pretty face".  I hope to find someone who will cherish me and live side by side with me for the rest of our lives.  That nice body or pretty face will deteriorate over time.  What then, if that's all you're looking for?  

Then you ask, what is a "good man"?  I wonder if I'm even a good judge of that, since I thought my ex was "a good man".  He sure had me fooled!!!  Of course, I was very young.  I hadn't been taught how to choose a husband.  Back then, I didn't know what love was.  I thought, "As long as you have that loving feeling, you're good."  I didn't know that feeling would change.  I didn't know that love was a choice, and not an easy one.  I did learn, and adapted, but he did not.  It does take 2 to make a marriage work.  

I'm thankful for this second chance, and I plan to make it right this time, if I am to marry at all.  It's been 3 years, and have had no lasting relationships.  Seems strange?  I blame my focus on grad school and lack of time.  I've had trouble even making time for my friends at times!  I am really looking forward to May, as this will be a new season for me.  I hope and pray that God has something special planned for me.  Hey, I'm not getting any younger!!!  So, if there are truly good guys out there, bring them on!!!


A man should find a good woman. And when he finds her, he should win her heart.  Then he must earn her respect, as he cherishes her trust as long as they live. That’s the most important thing in the world.  That’s what a man is.  A man is truly a man, when he wins the love of a good woman, earns her respect, and keeps her trust. Until he does that, he’s not a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment