Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Will the Joy Last

Thanks be to God that after that week of grieving, came a week of JOY. I'm not crying when some asks how I'm doing anymore, which is a HUGE step! In fact, I can tell them positive things that are happening in my life. It feels like my to-do list will never get done, however. Yesterday I had to do laundry, clean the house and rake the leaves from the back yard. I had no idea how tedious it was to rake leaves! But at least it was a good work-out, which I much needed! And I'm thankful that I have a home to care for.


I am also working on the plans for my future. I've decided to apply to Trinity University's Counseling Master's Program. I feel like that's where God wants me. I can't imagine leaning about counseling in a secular school. My faith is the only way I've made it through my trials. I will probably start in the fall.

Through this time, often the best therapy has been to just listen to praise and worship music. It's like my prayers in song form, and I sing it to the Lord! The following song says exactly how it is:


YES LORD
I'm trading my sorrow
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

I'm trading my sickness
I'm trading my pain
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

Chorus:
And we say yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord Amen


I'm pressed but not crushed persecuted not abandoned
Struck down but not destroyed
I'm blessed beyond the curse for his promise will endure
And his joy's gonna be my strength

Though the sorrow may last for the night
His joy comes with the morning

With lyrics like that, I am reminded that although there will be trials, JOY comes in the morning! There will be many more struggles and endless adventures ahead. For everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven. God is teaching me in all that I must endure. He is preparing me for the future He has for me. I can be excited about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment