Wednesday, August 18, 2010

No Expectations

As an update on my last blog, I’m still “talking” to this man. But when he asked to meet somewhere, I thought it was time to make my intentions clear. I told him that I’m not ready for a relationship and this will have to stay as just friends, but I’m ok meeting with him with that understanding. Turns out, he’s ok with that. Now, I don’t know if he’s really happy about it, or if he’s going to “wait” for me to be ready. But either way, he knows where I stand.


Getting this out gives me such a sense of relief! I feel like I can chat with him or even meet with him, knowing there are no expectations for things to go further than they should. I think it’s pretty neat to have a guy friend. One girlfriend said it this way, “It’s important to have some transition friends of the opposite sex before entering into a relationship or dating.” So, this is my first transitional friendship. I hope to learn something about men from him.

In the mean time, it’s nice to have someone to text back and forth with. It’s nice to have someone pay me complements. He’s always making me blush! I find myself wanting to talk to this new friend. He makes me feel good about myself. I’m excited to receive a text! Finally, there is a man who WANTS to spend time with me and talk with me. I guess, in a way, I needed this….and it’s SAFE, now that I made my intentions clear.

You may be thinking, “She’s falling for this guy.” Nope, that’s not the case. First, he’s 15 yrs older than me.  Second, I’m not ready for a relationship, and I know that. I’m looking at this as a friendship ONLY. This is part of my learning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment